As another year draws to a close, it’s always good to reflect on the highs and lows of the last 12 months.
My top three marketing, PR and social media highlights from 2013 are:
- Coca Cola’s Twitter campaign #ShareACoke that had everyone raiding the shelves of their local supermarket
- Hasbro’s headline grabber which saw an original Monopoly playing piece axed
- Canadian airline WestJet’s social media video that was packed full of Christmas magic – my absolute favourite campaign of the year
And where there are highs, there are inevitable lows. This year, the not-so-nice stories on everyone’s lips included:
- The media’s handling of the Oscar Pistorius murder charge
- Colgate’s #BrushSwap PR stunt led to chaos at London’s Waterloo station
- PR professionals being named and shamed by journalists on Twitter
I wonder what 2014 will bring… hopefully plenty more original, creative and entertaining campaigns to inspire us all. Happy new year, everyone!